- How to Ensure Your Teachers Write Your College RecommendationsPosted 5 years ago
Choosing the Right College For You
This post in response to “How to choose a college that’s right for you” by Martha O’Connell. This article is written to give students a few points on making the right college choice to insure that you succeed over the course of your college career and future.
- It is important to sit down and look yourself in the mirror. Finding out who you are is essential to figuring out what school is right for you. Know why you want to go to college and assess your strengths and weaknesses.
- Figure out what size is right for you. Small and big schools offer very different experiences. The most important thing to look at is what type of community is right for you. It is best to surround yourself in an environment in which you can thrive.
- Pick the school that feels right over picking a school based on a major. The odds are that you will change majors before the end of your college career.
- Don’t be afraid to reach. It may seem like certain schools reject everybody. Ignore all the scary stories. Be confident in yourself, apply to your goal schools.
- You don’t have to go to college right away. It’s okay if you feel you aren’t ready for school. Taking a year off for a break to travel or work is okay. A year to grow may be a good idea to prepare yourself for the 4 exciting years college has to offer.
- If you’re not going to an Ivy league or name brand school it is not the end of the world. Ask many of the adults in your life where they went to school. You will find out that success is not necessarily where you go to school but rather what you make of yourself.
Acceptional levels the playing field in college admissions by increasing transparency and access to resources that help applicants apply successfully. Our first service allows applicants to read the successful college application essays from current students at top 25 schools who get paid when their college application essays are read.